The history of the church is important for many reasons. For one, it helps us to understand the origins of our faith. It also provides insight into how the church has evolved and how it has responded to the changing needs of its people.
Finally, the study of church history can help us to appreciate the many ways that God has worked through his people over the centuries. As we look back on our shared history, we can see how far we have come and be inspired to continue working for His glory in the present and future.
Established as Woodland Church
Pastor Matthew Colvin established the church on land now known as Fort Knox
The Shepherdsville Church of God was dedicated on October 4, 1953.
Pastor Carol and Alice Health served from 1962 until 1981
Pastor Mickey and Phyllis Coomer served from 1981 - 1985
Moved to Highway 44
Pastor Charles and Sharon Howell served from 1985 - 1986
Pastor Joseph and Camilla Byrd served from 1986 - 1989
Pastor Derek and Angie Wilson served from 1989 - 1993
Pastor Ed and Dana Tyler served from 1993 - 1995
Pastor Rick and Cindy Shelby served from 1995 - 1997
Became New Life Worship Center
Pastor Wayne and Angela McCoy served from 1997 - 2002
Pastor Lewis and Mary Porter served from 2002 - 2008
Pastor Jimmie and Martha Dock served from 2008 - 2014
Pastor Daryl and Christy Owens served from 2015 - 2017
Pastor David and Crystal Rose served from 2017-2018
The name changed to Impact Church of God
Pastor's Nick and Angela Towles are the correct Lead Pastors of Impact Shepherdsville
Name changed to Impact Shepherdsville